Late Night Card Creating

Hey gang!  Happy Thursday!

I’m up in the middle of the night pounding out 4 cards to hand to my son’s three teachers and his bus driver.  Typically his elementary school asks families to donate pairs of pajamas and slippers for the local women’s shelter in our town in lieu of teachers gifts.  I asked him last minute this evening if he wanted to get his teachers anything and he replied 'yes'.  So he picked out 4 different colours of Amaryllis’ to give to each one.

So I’m up making cards to go with the gifts.  Nothing like last minute right?!?! 
(I think the above card is my favourite!)

So I grabbed my new My Favorite Things “Polar Bears Pals” stamp set and went to work.
The sentiment is from the MFT “Jingle All the Way” stamp set.


All the snowflake stamps are from the “For Everything” stamp set included in the Foundations Box by Catherine Pooler Designs.


All the colouring was done with Copic Markers. I kept my coloured pretty simple to make the process faster.

The insides all contain the exact same sentiments.  The top sentiment is from Power Poppy’s “Nice things to Say” and the bottom two are from the “Poinsettia” stamp collection.  I’d rather stamp a sentiment then actually write something – looks so much better! 

Now my son just has to sign the insides and they're done! Which one is your favourite?

I’m off to bed!  Happy creating all!

~ Ally ~


Supplies:
stamps: My Favorite Things (Polar Bear Pals, Jingle All the Way), Power Poppy (Nice Things to Say, Poinsettia), Catherine Pooler Designs (For Everything - Foundations Box)
cardstock: Neenah (Solar White), Recollections (110# White), Stampin’ Up! (Pool Party)
patterned papersLawn Fawn (Perfectly Plaid Christmas 6x6), Simple Stories (December Documented 6x6), Doodlebug Designs (Frosty Friends 6x6)
inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Pear Tart),Simon Says Stamp (Blue Jay, Spring Rain), Copic Markers
die: Lawn Fawn (stitched Rectangles)

4 comments:

Aileen said...

I am so in love with these bears I am tempted to say all of them but colour wise I would have to say the second card. Your a good mum and so typical of us all. Beautifully and perfectly done.

Unknown said...

Oh, my, Ally! I just can't pick a favourite & those bears are just adorable! Great job on these wonderful creations, Sistah!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Ally, I LOVE each and every one of these! I love polar bears, and what a great way to make a fun card! My dad's nickname was Whytey, and I have an affinity to polar bears and one sweet sweet one with his arms spread open wide that I display at Christmas. It reminds me of him...miss him lots. So I love these! Great coloring as always too! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Unknown said...

These cards are amazing good job for thinking on the run♥

 
09 10