Have an Elf-tastic Birthday!

December is a very busy birthday month for my family.  My sister and my Mom (and my Dad too) all have birthdays in December.  I think it would suck having a birthday so close to Christmas.  I’m so thankful mine’s in June!

So I have already sent off my sister’s birthday card but I have been procrastinating on making my Mom’s until last night.  It's going to be late but oh well!

I was inspired by the Seize the Birthday challenge where we were asked to use a holiday stamp on a birthday card… and the light bulb went on!  I grabbed my "Santa’s Elves" stamp set from My Favorite Things and knew that I’d find one of the elves with a present in his hand… perfect!!
I thoroughly enjoyed colouring in my little elf using the no-line colouring technique and my Copic markers.

I added lots of bling to this one... glitter paper... glitter pens and sequins too!

So I used the current sketch from the MFT Sketch Challenge (#257) and a birthday card was born!
Thanks for stopping by!

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps: Santa’s Elves (MFT), Birthday Messages 3x4 (Simon Says Stamp)
inks:  Memento (Dessert Sand, Rich Cocoa), Copic Markers, Sakura White Gel Pen, Sakura Stardust Pen
dies: Stitched Circle STAX, Fluttering Hearts (MFT), Stitched Duo 1 (Pretty Pink Posh), Labels (Spellbinders)

cardstock:  Bubblegum (MFT), Recollections 110lb White Cardstock, Silver Glitter (Worldwin)
paper: Homespun Gingham 6x6 (MFT)
sequins:  CraftMedley

other:  thread
#mftstamps

5 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

great card...so sweet and amazing colouring!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is so special! I adore it all done up in pink....awesome! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Colleen said...

Oh I do so love that little elf...he makes a perfect holiday birthday card!! Your sketch is fantastic as is the coloring! Thank you for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

JoAnn said...

Adorable card. Love the elf in pink. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Glenda J said...

Super cute! Great colouring and l love the inlay silver hearts. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

 
09 10