We have something extra special for this Timeless Tuesday Challenge. If you play along, not only will you get a chance to win our weekly prize drawing, you might get a chance to be one of our Flourishes' Guest Designers for December! HOORAY! And, there will not be just ONE winner. We will actually be choosing FOUR Guest Designers for December!!! Hip hip hooray!!!
The Friends of Flourishes and the Senior Design Team will be voting on their TOP THREE favorite projects once all the entries are in on Monday evening. The designers of those top three projects will be offered three of the four guest designer slots. Then, starting Tuesday October 8th, YOU will get a chance to vote for our PEOPLE'S CHOICE award by voting for your favorite creation! Stay tuned because next Tuesday, we'll share all the details of how you can cast your vote to help with our Guest Designer line up for December.
Our 4 final Guest Designers will each receive...
- a stamp set of their choice from the Flourishes Store;
- a special 2013 Guest Designer badge for their blog;
- featured status on the Flourishes Blog the week of their challenge;
- and they get to lead and create the challenge that you and all of our fabulous designers use to create with for their assigned week!
THE GUEST DESIGNER CONTEST RULES
- You must follow all of the regular FTTC Challenge Rules as listed below.
- Only a MAXIMUM of ONE entry per person for the challenge this week, so make it is your best work! Please use at least your first name when titling your link so we know who you are. Link up your creations HERE.
- Your project may not be combined with any other challenges for this week. It must be solely designed for our contest.
- Your project must contain some kind of stamping! We'd love to see your Flourishes stamps used but everything is welcome.
- No back linking to previous projects. This must be a completely new creation.
- You must have a personal blog to be considered for a Guest position.
- This contest is open to all countries.
So... let's find out what our lovely hostess Broni has in store for our contest and challenge today...
What's paper piecing you ask?
Paper piecing involves cutting pieces out from a design and layering them on paper. This is a versatile technique. Stamps designs are often used for paper piecing projects. A design can be stamped several times on a piece of paper and then each area can be cut and adhered to a project. Don't get paper piecing confused with paper piercing!
What a fabulous challenge!! I love paper piecing so I went in search of stamp set that would work perfectly and finally decided upon the "Poinsettia & Pine" stamp set!
First I grabbed a variety of patterned papers that I liked from a variety of paper companies...
Then I stamped the large poinsettia image onto a variety of the papers. Then I began the process of cutting out individual pieces to adhere to my stamped image on my Flourishes Classic Ivory card base. Here's a peek at one of my first additions to my card...
I wasn't worried completely about cutting around all of the image details. I like the fact that I add layers of paper to my image to give it more of a 3D in effect. As long as the image above it is going to be covered by more paper, I left it there.
Here's a close up of my paper piecing project about 2 thirds of the way through the process...
And here is my final card creation using the paper piecing technique...
For the finishing touches of my card today, I used some Gold Metallic String, some "Moss Green" Seam Binding Ribbon from the Color Made Easy "Pistachio" collection and I added some subtle dots to the back ground of my image using the following Copic Collections:
Thanks for stopping by today! Make sure you give this fabulous challenge a chance this week! REMEMBER... by participating this week you could be chosen as one of our FOUR December Guest Designers! Good luck!!
Now, take a moment a leave a comment on our talented Friends of Flourishes Team member blogs and our guest designer for the month...
- Allison Cope -- you are here!
- Broni Holcombe
- Cheryl Lea
- Deborah Anton
- Jenny Gropp
- Angel Rivera, our October guest designer
~ Ally ~
Sponsored by: Flourishes LLC
stamps: Flourishes (Poinsettia and Pine)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock
patterned papers: Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, Simple Stories
ink: Memento, Copic
string, ribbon: Flourishes
gold pen: Sakura
glitter: Martha Stewart