12 Weeks of Holiday Cards ~ Week 9

Welcome to Week 9 of my 12 Weeks of Holiday CardsOnly 3 week left!

Each Wednesday until Christmas, I will be sharing with you a fun and simple holiday card fit for a quick assembly.  I will share tips, tricks and techniques along the way.  So join me...

Use Simple Die Cut Shapes!

For this week I'm challenging you to use make your life easier and use simple die cut shapes like circles, rectangles and square shapes on your holiday cards.

For my card examples this week, I chose to stamp my Santa image onto a simple circle die cut and then mat it with a simple scalloped die cut circle too.  You could use a circle cutting tool, a brass die cut or electronic die cutting machine to make you simple shapes... especially if you are making lots of the same holiday card.  It's so much easier than cutting these shapes out by hand too!

You can do the same thing with simple shapes like tags or labels too!  For my cards today, I used a Silhouette tag shape and then stamped a unique greeting on to each card front instead of having them 100% identical.


I also used a fun pine bough punch for the greenery on my cards too.  A punch always make quick work for making simple and repeatable elements on your cards.

If you are interested in my previous tips for holiday card making, check out my previous posts:

For my cards design today, I used the newest sketch from Splitcoaststampers... SC464...


With only 4 weeks until Christmas today, we are slowly winding down to this beautiful season of family and thankfulness.  Wow... this year has gone by so fast!

Next week I will be giving away a little holiday inspired GIVEAWAY!  Stay tuned on how you could win my holiday stamp package!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10