12 Weeks of Holiday Cards - Week 4

Welcome to Week 4 of my 12 Weeks of Holiday Cards!  

Each Wednesday until Christmas, I will be sharing with you a fun and simple holiday card fit for a quick assembly.  I will share tips, tricks and techniques along the way.  So join me...


STAMP ON PATTERNED PAPER

Stamping on patterned paper can save you time because the patterned paper can add some simple detail to your image so you don't have to colour it.  But be careful of the patterned paper you use. You don't want to over power your image with something too bright or too bold of a pattern.. Keep the paper on the neutral side with subtle pattern to it.

For my examples today I stamped my images onto a printable patterned paper I found on the internet. There are all kinds of cool free patterned papers that you can print at home.  I used a black and white lazer printer for my paper so my ink wouldn't smear.

Stamps used from Flourishes:  Snow Scenes

Here's another card where I added a hint of colour to my image using chalk.  I just blended some reddish-pink chalk to highlight Santa's cheeks!
Stamps used from Flourishes:  Santa, I Believe

Don't forget to decorate the inside too!!!


If you have any questions about the materials I used on my cards, just leave a comment and I'll get back to you!  Thanks for stopping by!

~ Ally ~

2 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Your cards are beautiful and I particularly love that layout on your first card. Nicely done! Best, Curt

Алексровер Анна said...

Very clever! Love the unusual look of these cards!!!!

 
09 10