Fushia Poinsettias

CASE Study top3

Happy Saturday everyone!

If you are here to check out my Flourishes "Free For All" Friday post, CLICK HERE!

Thanks for joining me on this lovely Saturday morning.  Today is officially the last day of Summer.  Tomorrow we issue in the season of Fall but for some reason, I'm on a Christmas card kick so I thought I'd share my newest card creation with you today.

Today's card is based on two challenges:
The first one is the CASE Study Challenge #158.  You basically take the image supplied, the image above, and CASE it someway, shape or form.  I took the concepts of the large flower and the hues of pinks for my own challenge today.

The second challenge is for the Splitcoaststamper's "Free for All" Challenge #187: CAS plus colour.  Basically a CAS card with no white or ivory cardstock to be used for the basis of your focal image; you had to use some kind of coloured cardstock.

So here is the card I created combining both challenges.  First I chose to use some bold Tangy Taffy cardstock from the Flourishes "Candy Pink" Color Made Easy cardstock collection.  I took some Versamark ink and inked up the poinsettia image from the "Poinsettia and Pine" stamp set and then embossed using a fine detail black embossing powder.

Then I took a tiny paintbrush and some bleach and painted the bleach inside only my flower image.  The bleach took all the colour out of the cardstock and left a funky dappled off-white colour behind.  SO COOL!
I stamped a few snowflakes from the new Flourishes Snow Scenes stamp set using Versamark and then I sprinkled on some Kaleidoscope embossing powder and heat embossed it for some shine!

I also wrapped my card using some White Seam Binding ribbon.  I used my new Bow-It-All tool by Zutter to created the double looped bow!


I decorated the inside of my card with same image from the "Poinsettia and Pine" stamp set using Memento "Lilac Posies" ink and I heat embossed the sentiment in black.


Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Make sure you give "colouring with bleach" a try.  I used some tiny scraps of cardstock and tested out my bleach on each colour to find the cardstock I liked the best. 

~ Ally ~

Sponsored by Flourishes LLC

Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Poinsettia & Pine, Snow Scenes)
cardstock:  Flourishes Classic White, "Candy Pink" collection
embossing powders: Stampendous!
ink:  Memento, Versamark
ribbon:  Flourishes
tools:   Scor-Pal, Bow-It-All
other:  bleach.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool technique! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bleach was a fantastic idea and so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you achieved the look of your poinsettia, Allison... and the card itself. Congratulations on your Top 3 place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day. I read each and every comment.
Hugs,
Ally.