Timeless Tuesday ~ Sew, Sew Cool!

Howdy stampers!  It's Tuesday, time for another fabulous Timeless Tuesday Challenge over at Flourishes!

This week the lovely Maki Jones is our host.  Sadly this will be our last post with Maki as she is leaving the Friends of Flourishes team.  We wish her all the best in her future endeavors but we'll know she'll still play along with when she gets a moment!  For her final challenge, Maki is challenging us to create a card or project using sewing/stitching (FTTC213)!  If you don't have a sewing machine or even a needle and thread, then let's see some hand drawn stitching on your creation.

I decided to create two card for this challenge since stitching my FAVOURITE embellishment on a card!

Little Chick

To get my scalloped circle shape, I designed a folding scalloped circle card base in my digital cutting machine software and then cut the card base and the front cover out of cardstock.  Then I cut a black mat for my patterned paper and stitched on my paper shapes.

I stamped the little chick from the "Easter Wishes" stamp collection using Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink onto some yellow patterned paper and fussy cut it out.  I inked up the chick using some Ranger Distress "Scattered Straw" ink.  For the egg pieces, I stamped them onto some Flourishes Classic White Cardstock and added a little bit of Copic BG000 from the Iced Aqua Copic Collection.

For the inside of my card I used some of the scraps from the front of my card and then stamped the "Happy Easter" sentiment from the "Inside & Out: Happy" stamp set using Ranger Distress "Bundled Sage" ink and Memento "Liliac Posies" ink.




For my second card, I kept it very simple.  First I created the patterned paper panel by adhering strips of patterned papers onto a cardstock base and then stitching them along one edge.  I stamped my greeting from the "He Is Resin" stamp set onto vellum paper and adhered it to the panel.  Then I matted my panel using the Flourishes "Color Made Easy" medium Tiger Lily cardstock.

Then I stamped my carrots from the "Garden Fresh" stamp set using Versamark ink and white embossing powder onto Flourishes "Color Made Easy" light Tiger Lily cardstock.

Carrot Easter Greetings

I then coloured my carrots using the following Copic Collections:

For the inside, I simply stamped the bunny image from the "Spring Has Sprung" stamp set and embossed it with gold powder.



 
Now it's your turn to get your stitch on!!!  Share a card or project that you use some kind of stitching on.

Take a peek at what the Timeless Tuesday designers have created for this week's challenge…
Allison Cope
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Haffner
Deborah Anton
Denise Marzec
Maki Jones
Deb Felts, our March guest designer

We can't wait to see what you create with our challenge this week!  Have fun!!

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Spring Has Sprung, He Is Resin, Inside & Out: Happy, Garden Fresh)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic White Cardstock, Flourishes Color Made Easy - Tiger Lily
patterned papers:  My Mind's Eye, BasicGrey
die cut shapes:  Spellbinders
ink: Memento, Copic, Ranger Distress

ribbon: Offray
tools: Klic N'Kut

other: thread.

5 comments:

Tricia T said...

Great cards! I like the fun paper on the first card and the wonderful quilted background on the second! Can't wait to play along!

Tricia

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Ally. I like the round card of the first one, your embossingon the carrots is awesome. Great set of cards and that stitching... holy cow.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ally your cards are FABULOUS!!~

Silke Ledlow said...

Ally, these are two fun Easter cards...love how you finished the inside too!!! Happy Easter to you and you family...hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

Great cards. I really love the sewing on the curvy border on the round card. :)

 
09 10