Stamps & Scraps: "Not Your Normal Tutorial!"


Hello fellow stamp lovers!  It's that time of the month to share something fun on the Flourishes blog for my "Stamps & Scraps" article.


This month I'm sharing a super easy tutorial all about making paper casts using your stamps.  All you need is some common household supplies to make one of these fun embellishments.  Check out the the Flourishes blog for a step by step tutorial today... click HERE!
As promised, I thought I'd share not only my tutorial but how I created my layout, step by step.



I began creating with a 12x12 piece of cream cardstock.  Using a mask from The Crafters Workshop called "Mini Chicken Wire" and some gesso, I created a few some feature areas of texture.

Once the gesso was dry, I applied a series of "horse and pasture" images from the "Country Roads" stamp set using Ranger's "Old Paper" Distress Ink.



I wanted to deepen the distressing so I added some sponged Ranger "Walnut Stain" and "Scattered Straw" Distress inks to the cardstock.


Next I grabbed some fun checked and gingham patterned papers.  I edge punched and added machine stitching to some of the paper pieces.



I added a super cool chicken wire die cut, a quick layered banner and my die cut title.  I intertwined some fun twine all through my title.



Then I took my rooster weather vein paper cast and made a layered base for it.  For the blue paper, I took some Memento "Paris Dusk" ink and stamped a portion of the "Antique Map" image on to it.


And here's my final creation...

He's Just a Country Boy at Heart
Click to enlarge.

I hope you've enjoyed both my tutorials today.  I'd love to hear what you think about my creations today!  And thanks for stopping by!

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Antique Map, Country Roads)
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned papers: FarmHouse Paper Company
die cut shapes: Spellbinders (circles, rectangle), Chicken Wire (Cheerylyn Designs)
ink: Memento, Ranger Distress Inks
mask:The Crafters Workshop
edge punches:  EK Success
twine:  Flourishes
tools: Scor-Bug, Klic N'Kut machine
pins: Maya Road
gesso:  Golden Artist Designs
charm: My Mind's Eye
other: thread.

1 comment:

ChristineCreations said...

I never fail to marvel when I see your scrapbook work Ally. This is stunning!

 
09 10