Timeless Tuesday ~ Have a Heart!

Hey everyone!  It's Tuesday!  Time for another Timeless Tuesday Challenge at Flourishes!  Valentine's Day is only two days away and sadly I have made many beautiful cards but just haven't sent them out yet.  Oh well!  I know they'll be appreciated even if they are a little late!

This week's challenge from the super talented Maki!  Maki is challenging us this week to create a card or project with hearts on it (FLLC207)!  Yup... it's as easy as that! 

I knew just what kind of card I was going to create! I found out this week that my "brother" (he's like my brother! - known him since he was a baby!) and his wife are expecting their first baby!  So I knew I wanted to use the super cute "Hello Baby!" stamp set.

I began my card by first stamping the onesie image from the "Hello Baby!" stamp set onto some Flourishes "Color Made Easy" light pink cardstock from the "Poppy" collection using Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink.  I also stamped in on to some cute heart patterned paper.  I fussy cut each image out and applied the heart papers to the top of the pink cardstock.  I also added some white pen detail to the snaps and mini tag on the image using a Inkssentials™ White Opaque Pen.


Then I began to assemble the remainder of my card.  I designed to be a Surprise Pop-Up style of card.  You check out the video tutorial here for Splitcoaststampers.  It's a super fun card to make!

I die cut out the frame for the onesie from the Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Victorian Ovals die set and mounted it on my card front.

When you pull on the tag at the top, you reveal a message of "Best Wishes... Congratulations!"  Both sentiments are from the "Sentimental Favorites" stamp collection.  I used Memento Rich Cocoa ink to stamp all of my sentiments and verses.

The upper portion of the tag created using Flourishes Classic White cardstock, reveals the message:

A baby is a blessing,
a gift from heaven above,
a precious little angel,
to cherish and to love.


This verse is from the "Hello Baby!" stamp set as well. Such a sweet verse too!

I hope you'll join us this week for our fabulous challenge!  We also have our February Pre-Release Challenge that you can enter to win our new release stamps too! Click here to find out what that challenge is all about!

Our February stamp reveal begins TOMORROW on the Flourishes blog!  Make sure to check out what the Senior Design Team has created using this month's amazing new stamp sets!  I promise... you'll want them ALL!


Now, take a peek at what the Timeless Tuesday designers have created for today's challenge… 
You can find all the challenge details at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC207.


Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Hello Baby!, Sentimental Favorites)
cardstock: Flourishes (Classic White), Bazzill
patterned papers:  Carta Bella
die cut shapes: Spellbinders
pin: Making Memories 
pen: Inkssentials 
inks: Memento
ribbon: Offray
accessories: thread.
 Photobucket

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

So sweet! Love the onesie in hearts, and this is such a fun fold, too!

Tricia T said...

What a fantastic card, Ally! I love the little onesie with the heart tag in it, and the sliding card is so FUN!!!

Tricia

Deborah Anton said...

Such a darling card!! I love the pieced onesie with hearts and the technique card you made!

Silke Ledlow said...

Toooooo cool for words Alli!!! This card is super cute and over the top brilliant :) !!!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Alli!!~

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! This card is soooo cute! I love the paper piecing and creative card design! Fantastic work as always!

 
09 10