Love Letters & Cookies!


 Hey everyone!  Today I'm playing along with the Flourishes team for the January Release Week Challenge!  Click here for all the rules and instructions.  This month's challenge is a broad one that’s all about LOVE — use love as your theme, use letters as a focal point, or use the colors of love in shades of pink and red.

So here is my love inspired creation using some fun shades of love...

Cookie Bouquet



For my card, I first started out by created a fun heart edged circle on my Klic N'Kut machine.  I cut it out of Flourishes "Color Made Easy" dark red cardstock from the "Poppy" collection. Then I designed a number of other circles with in that circle using the gorgeous medium and dark purples from the "Crocus" collection.

Then I cut a circle of Flourishes Classic White cardstock using Spellbinder's Classic Circle dies and stamped my cookie bouquet image from the "Love Sweet Love" stamp set in the center using Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink.  I then coloured my image using a variety of Copic markers; V12, V15, V17, R17, R27, E27, E31, E34 and RV21.  Since the cookies have smooth icing on them, I added a little bit of a shine to them using a Sakura Glaze pen.


Make sure you check out the DT designs for this challenge! They are fabulous!!!  Hope to see you join in the fun this week!

Supplies: 
stamps: Flourishes (Love Sweet Love)
cardstock: Flourishes
patterned papers: Bo Bunny
inks: Memento, Ranger, Copic
doily die: Cheery Lynn Designs
ribbon: Offray
tools: Klic N'Kut 
accessories: gem by Prima
 Photobucket

4 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

This is super cute! Love the red/purple combo. I don't think I have colored that image from the set yet, thanks for the inspiration. :)

Hugs~

dpkennedy said...

I love the heart circle! Great layers for this adorable image!

ChristineCreations said...

Love this Ally, the purple and red is awesome. Great heart edge border and the raised icing for the cookies yum!

Thanks for playing along with us :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Ally, this is just fabulous! I love the heart border and how you colored this sweet image!

 
09 10