Little Drummer Boy

Every month Flourishes has a Christmas Spirit Challenge. These challenges always get me into to the Christmas spirit. I was even tempted to put on some Christmas tunes as I played with my stamps... I know... CrAzY!

This month's challenge was to make a creation that is inspired by your favorite Christmas carol. Well, my favourite holiday carol is "The Little Drummer Boy" so that's what I used as my inspiration for my card this month.

Come They Told Me

supplies: white cardstock, stamps, Flourishes; cardstock, Bazzill; die cut shapes, Spellbinders; gold pearls, Micheal's; inks, Memento, Copic, Ranger; gold ribbon, Hirschberg Schultz & Co.; patterned paper, Bella Blvd.; white pen, Sakura.

I'm all about interactive cards so I decided to make a surprise pop up card. For a quick and easy tutorial, check out the Splitcoast tutorial here.

The drummer boy, front sentiment and instrument images, I used the "Drummer Boy" stamp set. The larger greetings are from the "Holiday Greetings" set.

I added some tiny gold adhesive pearls to my image to add further dimension. My drummer is also pieced... he has up to 4 different layers in some places.

A close up my upper pull-out tag sentiment...

Come on out and check out this month's challenge; here. Happy craftin'!

Photobucket

No comments:

 
09 10