Ooopsy Daisy!

Here are few new cards that I created using one of the newest Gina K. Designs newest releases, Flowers for Daisy.

This fabulous set of 9 stamps was created by artist Asela Hopkins for Gina K. Designs. For a limited time, a portion of the sales of this stamp set will be donated to the American Cancer Society in honor of Asela Hopkins' friend Daisy who is fighting a courageous battle with cancer.

Here a couple of cards using the 2 daisy images included in this set...

Daisy Trails....


To create this card I stamped and masked 5 daisy images on to the bottom of a piece of vellum.

Then I embossed the top of the vellum with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then I embossed a double line just above the daisy images using my Scor-Pal tool.

I attached the vellum to the back of the card and folded it up and over the card front.

I measured the distance from the top of the card to the top of the double embossed line and adhered a piece of yellow cardstock underneath the vellum.

I added the strip and bow made of ribbon and the clear dollar store gems.

Lastly, I added some yellow flocking for soft daisy centers.



Diamond Daisy.....


To create this card, I stamped the large single daisy stamp randomly over the surface of the card cardstock card base. I was careful not to ink the stem of the flower so it was just the flower image that was stamped.

I cut a piece of vellum to place on the front and stamped one daisy in Ranger Distress ink on the front.

I carefully embossed the vellum using my Scor-Pal tool, avoiding embossing the daisy it's self.

I painted the back side of the daisy image on the vellum using my Ranger crackle paints. The paint colour is soft and subtle due to the translucency of the vellum.

I added a strip of punched green cardstock to the front of the card. I used a Martha Stewart punch for this design.

I punched two centered holes through the vellum and cardstock card base and tied a ribbon bow to attach my vellum to the card.

I added a simple sentiment on a piece of chalked white cardstock. I used my oval Spellbinder's Nestabilites die for the greeting shape. A few dots and a daisy card was born!

Supplies:
Top Card: Stamps: Gina K. Designs. Cardstock: Prism, Bazzill. Flock: Doodlebug Designs. Gems: Crafts. Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Scor-Pal. Ink: Ranger. Ribbon: misc.
Bottom Card: Stamps: Gina K. Designs. Cardstock: Prism, Bazzill. Tools: Scor-Pal, punch by Martha Stewart, Spellbinder's Nestabilities (oval). Ink: Ranger. Paint: Ranger. Ribbon: misc. Chalk: Craf-T Products. Pen: Micron.

Photobucket

No comments:

 
09 10