Gina K Designs: Cherry Candle & Card Tutorial

Here's another short tutorial for you using the amazing rubber stamps from Gina K. Designs.

I was browsing through one of our local dollar stores and come across these cute little fragrant candle tins. I thought that it might make a simple "thank you" type gift for a friend.

So I thought I'd alter the tin and make a matching card for her.

Here's the step by step instructions on how I made it.

Step One: Measure the height of your container paying careful notice about any lips or embossed sections that the outside may have. In my case the height was 1 1/8 inch high. I then cut a strip 12 inches long of plain white cardstock. It's better to have more than enough to cover than not enough. You may want to measure your container because may need more than 1 strip to cover the surface.


Step Two: Stamp your image all the way down the length of the cardstock strip. I used the cute little cherry stamp from the Gina K Design's set, "Summer Harvest".


Step Three: Using my Copic markers, I coloured in all my images along the entire length of the stamped strip.


Step Four: I added a little hightlight to all the cherries using my Signo white pen. This makes them appear shiny.


Step Five: Add glossy accents to all the images you whish to be shiney. I added it to all my cherries. Once completely dry, I ran a generous amount of adhesive along the back of the entire strip of stamped cardstock and wrapped it around the candle base.

Step Six: I removed the lid and added a single stamped cherry image to the top of the candle lid. I used black Staz-On ink on this surface so it would remain there and not rub off.


Step Seven: I then added some Glossy Accents by Ranger to the stamped image on the candle lid as well. When it was completely dry, I added some colour to the image using my Copic markers. The image remains clear but you can easily see the colour.

And here are the completed candle and matching card.

Card Supplies: Stamps: Gina K. Designs. Ink: Ranger, Copic. Paper: BasicGrey. Cardstock: Bazzill, The Paper Company, Prism. Tools: Spellbinder's Nestabilities (circle, scalloed circle), Scor-Pal. Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts. Pen: Signo. Metallic rub: Craf-T Products. Other: Glossy Accents by Ranger, ribbn.
Candle Supplies: Stamps: Gina K. Designs. Ink: Ranger, Copic. Cardstock: Prism. Pen: Signo. Other: Glossy Accents by Ranger.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooo! Thanks for the tutorial! LOVE it!!!! I need to try this!

Melanie said...

beautiful set! :)

 
09 10